Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Eagle Has Landed...

For months I wanted to start a blog, but didn't quite know when to start it or what to say. I ended up finding inspiration when I was laid off in early May and wrote my first post, When your best isn't enough. It wasn't long after that post that I was Back in the saddle and Not slowing down one iota. I did the usual things like Meetings, Twitter resume, and job postings... and had a bit of fun with a site called CardsofChange.com.

Then I started looking for ways to get my resume out in the public eye in a different way, so I posted bits and pieces of my resume here, here, here, and here. I didn't even post the entire resume before I wanted to tell you a bit about Changing things up, comfort zones, and being thankful, as well as how Inspiration comes from everywhere.

I've encouraged people to Have some fun during your job hunt and I did just that--I continued to have fun with the folks at CardsofChange.com. I never did hear back from the BBC reporter after my reply to him, but all the same, I had fun dreaming that I might be part of a short feature on the BBC. Maybe I was and didn't even know it--note to self...check with Cards of Change.

During this time, I've also written about how important it is to Pay attention and how I jokingly--yet seriously--say I'm a connector. You do need to pay attention to what's going on around you and you do need to do your part and connect people who need and ask for help. Please believe me when I say that paying it forward is a good thing. It just is.

I had a bit of fun saying My name is Tracy and I'm a Microsoft Graduate. Some say survivor, I chose graduate for a most positive and humorous spin. TomAYto, tomAHto...it's all the same--I'm a survivor, too.

So why am I recapping the writings of the last couple of months? In a nutshell, all this work of connecting, thanking, meeting, paying attention, having fun, and more has come together. In a couple of weeks, I'll be starting a new adventure and I'm super excited. I'll be working with a talented group of people and I can't wait to be a part of it. In fact, I just added my start date to the Days Until countdown clock app on my iPhone! 20 days...tick, tock, tick, tock.

I know, I know...quit with the cloak and dagger and just tell us where you're heading. It's not cloak and dagger; I'm like a good movie trailer that keeps you wanting more and makes you say "I have to see that!" So like a good trailer [roll on-the-edge-of-your-seat-nail-biting music, please]: Coming August 3, 2009

I'm also compelled to give my Oscar acceptance speech before the movie has even been released. LOL Seriously though, there have been so many people who have helped me along the way. To all of you, there aren't words enough to express my deepest and heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for all your kinds words and support. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Dang...I've gotta wait until August 3rd? :)

    Timothy Carter
    http://socialnetworkinglifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete