Monday, August 17, 2009

She's heeeeeere...

Ah, Poltergeist...the one and only movie that continues to freak me out to this day and is solely responsible for my absolute dislike of clowns...and I mean ALL clowns. I don't care if you're a good clown or bad, I don't like you. Anyway, back to the story.

Back in July, I posted The Eagle Has Landed and like any good movie left you with a cliff hanger about where this eagle was landing. Sorry to keep you hanging on that cliff so long--I know you've been waiting (ha!). Here it is...

On August 3, I started as an Account Director at a creative agency called HL2. The offices are located in downtown Seattle and are a hop, skip, and a jump from Qwest Field. I'm working with a number of Microsoft clients and learning a lot. I started week 3 today and feeling pretty good about things. It is an adjustment being on the other side of the Microsoft wall, but it's a good thing. I'm still excited about it and encountering new things and new people every day.

To reiterate some past posts, this opportunity with HL2 came together thanks to great connections and changing things up, comfort zones, and being thankful. If it weren't for that invite from Greg to go to AdClub at HL2's offices in May and connecting that evening with Kat, I don't know that I'd be at HL2 today. Thanks for your vote of support by hiring me! Thanks to my extended team of supporters for your kinds words, glowing references, and unwavering support. I'm thankful and forever grateful to you all.

For those of you who are in the market, let me know how I can help...I'm paying it forward.

P.S. Social Media Club of Seattle is holding its August event at HL2's offices, so I get to combine two things I enjoy: my work and social media. If you're attending, let's connect and talk social media and how HL2 can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment