Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tracy's CV, Part 3: What did I do when I first started @ Microsoft...

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted Tracy's CV, Part 1 and Part 2, so it's high time that I post the next chapter...what did I do when I first started at Microsoft. I was blessed to get a contract gig from 2004 to 2005 at Microsoft on the Corporate Marketing Group's Packaging Team--a fantastic group of people then and now. The person I reported to was and is a fabulous manager--she's my mentor and I'm honored to have had the privilege of working with her. I met so many people that year and really got a taste for Microsoft. I loved it--so much energy and so many great people. I worked on the Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft Expression packaging systems. I knew nothing about the developer audience, and I learned a ton that year and not just about the audience, but branding, design, and experiential marketing and packaging. and how it's done at Microsoft. I've outlined some key elements below.

For more information about me and my history, please visit me on Linked In. I'm in the market for a new role and I'd love to be a part of your team.

Microsoft Corporation: Marketing Manager – Corporate Marketing Group/Packaging Group – 2004 to 2005

· Managed Developer Tools (Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Expression, Microsoft Visual FoxPro, and MSDN) product packaging and in-box components from out-of-box-experience and usability assessment, research, concept, design review, and production to RTM
· Prepared and presented packaging creative/input briefs for internal teams and creative agencies
· Gathered input and product information from product team to determine marketing objectives, establish communication objectives, messaging priorities, and creative focus
· Guided creative development and production process to ensure projects meet domestic and global marketing and communication objectives
· Collaborated with internal groups including other divisions within Corporate Marketing Group, Product Management, Product Launch Services, LCA, and International Product and Localization teams
· Managed creative agencies, production design firms, and packaging vendors to ensure projects are completed on strategy, on schedule, and on budget

No comments:

Post a Comment